Feng Shui Tips for the Bedroom: Do's and Dont's
(excerpt from Bobby Berk Home Blog)
Normally, you’d place the bed wherever you felt comfortable (or were smart and had us design the room for you), but in Feng Shui bed positioning is very important. Here are a few tips on positioning your bed:
1. Never place your bed under a window. According to Feng Shui principles, this will make you feel tired upon rising. It will also allow chi to escape from the room.
2. Make sure there is a clear path from the window to the door. The chi must flow through the room uninterrupted. If your bed blocks this flow, experts believe it will disrupt your sleep.
3. The bed should always face the door of the room, but never directly in front of it. This is called the Command Position and offers you a sense of security because you can see who is coming in and out of the room.
4. You should be very aware of windows and doors when placing your bed. You don’t want to block the path of chi moving from a window to the door.
5. Make sure the bed can be approached from either side. This provides balance and synergy to the room and hopefully, to your life!
So where is the best place to place the bed? You should check a Feng Shui chart for exact positioning but a good guideline is to place the bed in the part of the room diagonally farthest from the entry. And as we mentioned before; stay away from the windows!
Now that your bed is in it’s best position, let’s discuss what items you should and should not have in your bedroom for proper Feng Shui.
* Keep computers, TVs, and exercise equipment out of the bedroom. It’s hard to let go of late night television, we know, but having these items in your bedroom creates harmful energy and is best left for other rooms.
* Balance is a very important for good Feng Shui in the bedroom. Not only should your bed be approachable from both sides but you should also place matching nightstands on each side of the bed. They should also have rounded corners to prevent ‘cutting chi’ or bad energy from reaching you while you sleep.
* Never place a large mirror in front of your bed! This is a big no-no in Feng Shui for the bedroom. Having a mirror in front of your bed can redirect harmful chi back at you. Keep mirrors away from the bed.
We hope these tips have been helpful. Feng Shui is an ancient art and many people have had success using it’s various techniques to make their living spaces happy, healthy places. We hope you find the same success!