Space for guests is rare in New York City. But people always want to come visit us, so finding a great sleeper sofa is almost a necessity for those who live here. My all time top pick is the Samoa sofa bed from Suite NY. In posting this, i realize it's no longer available from SuiteNY. If anyone knows where to find this, I'd greatly appreciate a shout out! (excerpt from Apartment Therapy)
I thought I'd share with you the top picks from Apartment Therapy. (all affordable!)
1. Mostra Sofa Bed by Ligne Roset ($5655) - New last year and designed by Didier Gomez, the Mostra is unassuming in presence and has one of the easiest transitions from sofa to bed we've ever experienced. It uses a patented Lampolet mechanism that takes care of the heavy lifting. Remarkably, all the cushions stay on the sofa as it transforms to a bed — meaning you don't have to have a place to store them.
2. Soto Sleeper Sofa from DWR ($4600) - Designed by Jeffrey Bernett, this sofa bed for DWR is part of the Soto family of upholstered seating which includes a sleeper sofa, sleeper chair and storage ottoman. The Sleeper Sofa is a meticulously designed sofa bed that is one of the best we've seen and experienced.
3. Reese Sleeper from Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams ($3220 - 20% discount right now) - For a few different styles, Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams are a good option and offer 15 sleepers with a traditional spring mattress. I chose to show the Reese because it's the most unusual sleeper design I saw, as well as being very svelte.
4. Nomade Express from Ligne Roset ($3610) - A classic design with simple action, the quilted back folds down to give you a nice big bed surface with no springs or bars.
5. Havana Sleeper Sofa from DWR ($3500) - Aaron really likes this because it's big and low with storage.
6. James Lounge Sofabed by Gus Modern ($1695) - The James Lounge is the only convertible sofa from Gus Modern. Similar to the classic George Nelson daybed, it's a simple design that is a quick transition from armless sofa to twin sized mattress.
7. Natasha Comfort Sleeper by American Leather ($2599) - Not just about leather anymore (though they do have plenty if you want it), AL has made a name for themselves in the sleeper category with the patented Tiffany 24/7 platform sleep system, which removes the springs and bars to create a totally even sleeping surface. It can also be topped with Tempurpedic foam. There are eight other designs in their Comfort Sleeper line.
8. Pierce Sleeper at Room & Board ($2699) - Room & Board offers some exclusive designs with the Comfort Sleeper platform system which is made by American Leather.
9. Twighlight Sofa from DWR ($1880) - A very popular solution, this daybed design is slim and modern, without any fuss.
10. Metro Sleeper from Room & Board ($1899) - A classic design that can be customized with fabric or stain and a more affordable air coil inflatable mattress: "The mattress features a combination of supportive coils topped with an inflatable air chamber for customizable comfort.
Please comment below if you have a favorite not listed above!
If you've been thinking about bringing us on to design your dream home- now is the time! You can contact us here to schedule your consultation and we can get the process started. Thank you for following along with us, and we will see you next time!